This fabulous fruit the blueberry is a fine example of how nature can produce something both delicious and healthy. Blueberries are among the most beneficial fruits for health, especially the urinary system and eyesight.
At García Mateo & Sinova, we feel it is a privilege to be part of an industry which can help improve the health of all our clients.
REASONS TO EAT IT
- Blueberries have a surprisingly powerful antiseptic and antibiotic effect on urinary infections
- Blueberries are highly recommended for treating cystitis
- Blueberries prevent the formation of kidney stones
- Blueberries prevent flatulence
- Eating blueberries regularly is highly recommendable in cases of varicose veins, phlebitis and haemorrhoids
- Blueberries improve the eyesight.
Our blueberry varieties are: red blueberry and black blueberry.
We bring blueberry to market in 1- or 2-kilo boxes holding 125-gram punnets.
Our blueberry brands are: Athos and Proagro.
|values per 100 gr|
|Vitamin C||13 mgr.|
Blueberries provide vitamin C, protein, fibre, calcium and iron. They are also cooling, toning, astringent and diuretic.
ORIGIN AND CHARACTERISTICS
The largest producers of blueberriesout of season are: Chile, Argentina, and now Peru.
Blueberries are small round berries which are reddish when unripe and black when ripe. When fully ripe they have a shimmery blue-tinged bloom. They are a very similar to blueberries. The flesh is very juicy and fragrant.
STORAGE AND CONSUMPTION RECOMMENDATIONS
Blueberries can be eaten raw or cooked. They are often used to make sauces for game or to garnish meat or fish. They are also very popular in sweets: tarts, cakes, jams and ice-creams.
Due to their fragility, blueberries can only be kept for a few days in the refrigerator, so we recommend eating them as soon as possible after harvesting.HIDE FACTSHEET